Thursday, April 1, 2010

A shout out to all those friends and family

This post is for those who are wondering about what is going on with us. I have been horrible with keeping everyone updated. My mom is still battling cancer. She recently finished her rounds of chem and got a PET scan last week. There has not been too much of a response, but some. She will be starting a new schedule for more rounds of chemo soon. She has been great with the kids. She has a special relationship with Anna and goes to as many of Gavin's t-ball games as possible. She has her good days and bad days, but I have seen a huge difference in her. She has more energy. Josh has got all of his checks in place as far as the certification process goes. He will be taking the CPAT in a month and we hope to be applying everywhere in the fall. Medic school is the next step. I am ready for a little normalcy. He is gone a lot! After both of the fire academies I think I am ready for anything to be honest! My brother, Garrett and his wife are moving to Ventura County next month! We are so excited to have them close. We love and appreciate their support and concern for everything that we do. Yeah! Cousins to play with. All is well. Many trials and roller coasters. We know the most important thing is to stay close as a family and keep the faith.

2 comments:

Becky said...

thanks for the shout out! hows the house hunt coming?

Mad Hadder said...

Hi Jennifer, I finally found your blog on Shelly's page. Your mom's name had just come up in conversation yesterday, so I was glad to get your update. Everyone sounds busy but well. So glad to have your blog now to read! Come and visit us in Idaho.