Saturday, November 15, 2008

Help!

Ok, I need some help. I have had what I believe is allergic conjuncivitis, which is another form of pink eye. This is not contagious. I believe it is this because my kids or husband haven't caught it yet. My eyes have been itchy, bright red, watery, a little crusty and it feels like there is a foreign object of some kind in both. I have tried two different kinds of prescription eye drops. My doctor just heard my symptoms and prescribed over the phone. Obviously I need to see and opthomologist, I know. I will be persuing this on Monday if symptoms don't get better. I have had this since Tuesday! It hurts and is very uncomfortable. Any advice? Has anyone had anything like this? HELP!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Only advice... Go to the Dr.! Sounds terrible, you have had one thing after another lately. Hope you all get better soon so we can play again!

The Colvins said...

Jake had something similar once, I don't know if it was the same thing. The eye doc said that he had probably scratched his eye ball and it became infected. He prescribed prescription eye drops (steriods to help it heal faster). It did take a few days though. I don't know if this helps at all--probably not--good luck in getting it figured out and getting better though!

summerk said...

Jen, you have to try Boric Acid... it's not commonly known, only because it would put all other eye drops and what not out of business, but it really works!! My mom always used it for us growing up.

Email me if you're interested in more info about it, if it's not better yet... it's too long to explain on a post... but it's quite simple. :)

kellogg@ymail.com